Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hurley met a tough challenge from Big Creek in the first half as the game went to the half way point tied at 8. However, Hurley got the ball rolling and never let up, rattling off 22 unanswered (could have added another TD, but put the second string in with the ball on the 6 after a muffed punt).

Alex Prater stepped up big time in place of Josh Childress with his 7 receptions and 68 yards, particularly his 30 yard touchdown catch on 4th and 2 where he appeared to have just the first down and a spin move later was off for 6.

Shane Justice and Issac Stacy combined for 204 yards rushing (146 and 58 respectively) against a team that spyed Justice all night long.

Defensively, the Rebels had a blocked punt (Timmy Blankenship), a sack (Josh Justus, #55), a fumble recovery (James Johnson), an INT (Issac Stacy) which was lateral'd to Brandon Justus who returned it for a score. The Rebels had some where along the lines of 7 Tackles for Loss. They came up big when they needed to, especially on a 4th and Goal from the 1 that was stopped for a loss.

It felt good to finally get the curse of those Owls off our backs. The loss to them the last 2 seasons has been a point of no return. This year, I think its a point of keeping this train a rolling. I expected Hurley to miss a step as its biggest pass threat is now out, but the team played really good all around.

Big Creek is the first team we've played that had a decent to good level defense, and we passed the test. Offensively, they didn't pass very well, but had a good enough running game to test us.

I'm curious which Castlewood team shows up next week. The one that thumped Twin Vlaley or the one that layed down for Rye Cove?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HEART(The emotional center,such as love,consideration, and the most essential part of something) That was taken from the WEBSTER'S dictionary but it was applied on the field friday nite,as i seen boys turn into men with there union on the football field thingS like there QB interseption that ISSAC had and could have scored it himself but instead pitched it behind him to a teammate so he could score. I mean he could have scored another TD but gave the glory to his teammate that is class (HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISSAC).
    Hurley played and all together game as a team I talked to alot of guys at the game that had not been to a HURLEY game in years that was very inpressed to how good HURLEY played together as a unit they never got hot headed and when they did show signs of it he had a teammate in his ear saying we dont need that. SHANE JUSTICE had his worst game this year but he had reason they keyed on him every time he touched the ball allmost as if they thought that SHANE is the only weapon on this HURLEY team but he never gave up he kept his head in the game and took what they give him great job guys. ALEX PRATER another guy that played his heart out he never stopped moving his feet on the one TD he scored he nocked one defender to the ground the other just couldnt keep up great foot work ALEX, And i could type all day to all the players of this team and still not tell the whole story of to how well HURLEY played as a team and how they never gave up but maybe you get the picture! hurley5-0 going for number 6 just dont get the big head guys its still along 5 games left untill the playoffs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sounds like hurley is for real and got it together,congrads to hurley.i dont think castlewood will be no threat to you.how many players do hurley have on the team and how much depth do they have on the sidlines ?do they play alot of players on both sides of the ball?