Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I would put them just outside of the top 10 as well...had one of the weakest schedules in school history...i think that was the year council and whitewood both only had like 12 players...Honaker would have beat them if not for a blocked kick in the final seconds, Clintwood almost beat that team in the playoffs and PV just routed them, game was not interesting much into the 2nd QTR where as in 94 it was close into the 4th when PV broke it open.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Having attended the game in '99 between Honaker and Clintwood...I will say Honaker was EXTREMELY fortunate to win the region that year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Region D finals in '99 could have been won by either team. Honaker was just fortunate enough to come out on top. The state semis against Floyd was a heart breaker though!

Inactive Member basketballjesus's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually the 99 Honaker team was better than the 00 Honaker team. The 00 Honaker team was just playing against a little weaker competition.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by biggamesjames:
    Yeah I would put them just outside of the top 10 as well...had one of the weakest schedules in school history...i think that was the year council and whitewood both only had like 12 players...Honaker would have beat them if not for a blocked kick in the final seconds, Clintwood almost beat that team in the playoffs and PV just routed them, game was not interesting much into the 2nd QTR where as in 94 it was close into the 4th when PV broke it open.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by biggamesjames:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">council and whitewood always had like 12 players and you had to play them because they were in the district, I know the 95 team could have beaten several teams on the top 10 list. The Honaker game was close, but the Clintwood game was over it was 25-6 late in the 4th when Clintwood scored on 2nd team D got an onside kick and scored then tried another onside kick but failed. Haysi had beaten Clintwood pretty bad earlier in the year and anytime 2 good teams play again in the playoffs it is going to be close. You can't fault a team for winning in the playoffs. That Haysi team went 10-0 for the 3rd straight year a feat none of the other teams on the top 10 list accomplished the 94 team did have 3 years of 10-0 seasons. Haysi went 10-0 four out of five years IMO all 4 should be in the top ten but that is just my opinon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I respect your opinion and you have some good points but there are alot of good teams in the history of the BDD that has to be considered...i think anyone would have to admit that the '94 Haysi team was better than the '95 Haysi team, no question there. I wasn't faulting the '95 team for their playoff win just pointing out they they only beat Clintwood 23-19 and got really fortunate to beat Honaker that year. Not to mention being on the ropes the whole game against Pocahontas. I think about all the other teams on the list would have also went 10-0 against that schedule so I don't really use that as a barometer but rather who you played, how well you played and how far you advanced. The '95 Haysi team was a really good team in my opinion just not one of the top 10 BDD teams all time...but again we are just stating opinions here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12