Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, dunduin I think you raise a good point. he was having a good game, but i don't think everyone was a little off. it was a game of streaks. Lance came out very hot early. Jones was hot in the second quarter. zack did look really good at times, but not always. but who knows if we kept giving him the ball maybe we would know for sure. the barton brothers had there moments. so who knows. maybe we will get them again

Inactive Member basketballjesus's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The thing is Colley just isn't a very good coach. Never has been never will be. He has just been blessed with talent and luck. None of the stuff he does ever makes sense. Someone with some football knowledge like biggamesjames needs to be running the team.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the second quarter no one could stop the caleb and jones combo but after halftime it didn't work and we kept using it. I just don't think we can rely on the pass. It seems like we have an int every game and our recievers are streaky

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by basketballjesus:
    The thing is Colley just isn't a very good coach. Never has been never will be. He has just been blessed with talent and luck. None of the stuff he does ever makes sense. Someone with some football knowledge like biggamesjames needs to be running the team.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BBJ you are way off in saying Colley isn't a very good coach. Coach Colley knows football and is a very good coach I will use the quote He has forgot more football than I will ever know. I think alot of ppl will agree that he is one of the top coaches around. Tell me why you think he is not a good coach besides some stuff he does never makes sense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Coach Colley does to some things I disagree with but I give him credit he has a brilliant offensive mind...I think the main thing I have seen him struggle with is certain personnel decisions...I have to say this year that he had a more talented group to work with than Hubbard did with Honaker but who got the win? Oh well maybe it has worked the other way a few times i don't know....thanks for the comment though basketballjesus and do I think I could do a better job coaching the team? Well, judging from player/coaching against Colley in alumni football games I would say YES without a doubt hehe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What happened to the old timers game?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations to both teams. I thought it was a very hard fought game, and also a great game just to watch. Both teams played well and I was pleased to get to enjoy such a great football game. I think Haysi is a great team, as is Honaker and I hope we get to see this matchup again in the Play-offs and preferable the Region D Championship Game. Congratulations again to both teams. The comment about Colley not being a good coach is about 50/50. I would like so see biggamesjames on the sideline though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that was a good game. haysi would have beat honaker though if jones didnt get hurt last week in practice. i think he was afraid that he would hurt it again so he didnt give all he had. its like everytime he got up to the line he just stopped and waited for someone to tackle him. James Colley did make a mistake by taking out Elijah and haysi's linemen was not all in the game either. just hope they play better against TV.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know that Elijah made a few mistakes but coach colley gives lance 3rd and 4th chanes when it comes to int's and all the recievers more chances even tho they all average at leaast 2 droped passes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think anyone to say colley is not a good coach is wrong .well in the case against honaker i have seen him take a weaker team and beat us .friday nite was an exception.i think he had the stronger ,bigger,and quicker team and made acouple wrong decisions on whos in and whos out and these guys in orange had a lotta heart in this game also.i think u alls line out sized us ,corners were quicker but it came down to who played the hardest at the end .