Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dundin for you to say you did not see a kid on TV or Hurley that should be All BDD is kinda outrageous there just is not that much talent in the BDD this year that would make it that hard for one of those teams best players to make it. I say you put one of Hurley's RB's or the Justice kid on Haysi or Honaker and they would put up even bigger number but i could be wrong on that too. Mainly because they may have less oppourtunity, but i think the Justice boys there were the best RB's in the district with all the kids from Haysi right there with them in the RB department.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not to start any trouble, BUT the guy who said Hurley plays all these Ky and WV teams, Hurley hasent played any KY this year. One Tenn. team, 3 WV teams. Big Creek nearly beat a proven Mount. View team. Haysi played Ervinton, Lee, and what everyone says a week Rye Cove team. Betsy Layne (ky.) Letcher (Ky.). And Honakers plays John Battle and Twin Springs. All I am saying is why does Hurley usually get the "They play all theese Ky. and Wv. teams"?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like I said im not trying to start trouble, because Haysi and Honaker are better teams than Hurley (No Doubt about that). Its just that no matter what Hurley always has the weakest schedual in the District. Hurley may play a weak schedual, but Haysi doesnt play that tough of a schedual either. Honakers plays the hardest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm judging them on how they played against us. They may have looked amazing against other teams but based on how TV and Hurley played against us I just wasn't impressed with anyone. But you can't judge an atheletes on one game. I'm just giving my impression.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the major diff. is that Haysi and Honakers line is so much better than Hurleys, but I will stick with the fact I think Shane Justice and Wyatt Justus is the best backs in the BDD. When Hurley played teams whos line was on the same level ours then Shane had holes to run threw, but still he ran for his life half the time. And then we play Haysi and Honaker whos Line is ALOT better than ours Shane has no where to go.. I hate to say it, but Twin Valleys line is better than ours.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the major diff. is that Haysi and Honakers line is so much better than Hurleys, but I will stick with the fact I think Shane Justice and Wyatt Justus is the best backs in the BDD. When Hurley played teams whos line was on the same level ours then Shane had holes to run threw, but still he ran for his life half the time. And then we play Haysi and Honaker whos Line is ALOT better than ours Shane has no where to go.. I hate to say it, but Twin Valleys line is better than ours.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If Shane Justice is not as good as some of us think then apparently Garon Marcum (over at Grundy) isn't either. During his first three seasons at Grundy, he rushed for over 3200 yards while splitting time with other backs each year. This year, I believe he ended with around 700 yards rushing. The difference? His OLine.

RBs can only be as good as the chances there OLine and offense give them. Great players don't succeed on decent teams. Decent players succeed on great teams.

Do any of you honestly think either of Haysi's RBs or Honaker's RBs runs for 1500 yards at Hurley? One of them might have, but there is no guarantee. Heck, Justice could have rushed for over 2000 yards if the coaching staff would have let him carry the ball more in the blowout games.

My point is, why discredit a kid's effort and hard work because he plays on a team that is less talented than its big brothers? Its not his fault and I bet none of you would turn the kid away had he been in your alls program.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 13, 2005 03:54 PM: Message edited by: davidjr ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it definetley starts in the trenches and it ends in the trenches.whoever is strong up front at the end of 4 qrts is most likeley goin to be the winner.so many teams in southwest va can even play with richlands for a bit, but then the strong and depth comes shining through by the second half.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Wyatt acctually had a decent game agianst Haysi, or at least form what i seen, especially seeing that Haysi pretty much stuffs all the rushing attack from most teams they face.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast