Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well it seems "coach" vandyke is gearing up for another year to destroy the panthers 0-10 didnt stop him.and then the weakest schedule in southwest va didnt help much. 6-4 then 2-8 on the same schedule,what is the game plan this year we couldnt possibly play an easier schedule the talent is there to be competitive why is it we cant get a coach for this football team, first i hear there are no teaching positions then somehow rick goodman got one, dont get me wrong glad to have him but it is time to fill a teaching slot with a much needed football coach,cause what we got aint working,lets how many kids have to quit, how much more damage are we going to allow to this program, our kids arent learning any football withiout his assistants he wouldnt know which end of the whistle to blow,he got mad and refused to shake hands with scammel from castlewood, for "running up the score" how does that differ from hand picking weaker schools on your schedule to enhance your chances of winning.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the reason rick goodman got the job is because coach greg rife left and went to grundy...opening up a PE job for rick to move into...if coach rife was still at TV then goodman would still be at council...and why would any good coach want a job coaching football at TV and why would TV want to move in a football coach into that PE position when they could have arguably the best basketball coach in SWVA?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah they got the best coach in southwest va, but he is the assistant coach named rick goodman.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To much family politics at TV. Plain and simple. Thats my opinion..
    TV has a head football coach as an assistant.. His name is Moore. If he were the head coach the kids that quit would come back.
    To many cousins, uncles and sons are filling positions that other qualified people could have.
    Whats the word, Nepatism. lol

The school board needs to move some younger teachers around to schools that offer an opportunity for them to coach.. but, they'll keep their kin folk in there doing a less than admirable job and drawing a check. Then, they surround themselves with more of the same kind of people or kin (for security). With this kind of system not only will the kids quit.. so will the fans.

I dont know much about the System but I do know enough about sports to know, that coaches have to be approved by the school board. The school board representative is Mr. Hamro.. He is suppose to be given names submitted from the Principal (Mrs. West), She receives names from the AD.. (Mr. Shortride). So, if ppl has problems.. they need to address it to these persons. They name the coaches. Ultimately they are the ones that gain praise or reap the percussions.

With the new re-districting.. There will be no hope.
    I have mixed feelings about Teacher Coaches and Outsider Coaches. If the outsider is not doing well.. Give a young teacher a shot. But, dont give it to an old teacher thats only wants to coach because he wants to give his son advantage over other kids. They need to keep away from that situation. As matter of fact.. offer incentive for early retirement!!

As far as who would want to come to TV to coach Football. I think theres a few good ones out there that would love to have a shot! They need to be given that opportunity.

I've bled alittle here.. whats some other opinions.