Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've heard a few things said from some council fans. That's why I said that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll be the first to admit that Council has some fans that don't know their a** from a hole in the ground when it comes to basketball. But that doesn't exactly mean that Neil will be a good coach either. Right now he's not very good in game situations. With experience, he should improve. I'm not one of Neil's biggest fans, but I feel sorry for him with the situation he's been given. Rick saw that he had nothing coming up and took Kent to a better starting 5 for his senior year. Neil was left with DJ, Epling and Willis for talent. All three have selfish attitudes and only one of them would play if I was a coach. The other 2 have mouth-running parents/guardians that would drive anyone insane. Alot is gonna be expected from Neil, not only from Council people, but also from the other BDD fans. The people in charge at Council like Neil, so don't look for him to be forced out any time soon for not winning.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 12, 2006 06:27 PM: Message edited by: hipocrit ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Willis doesn't even play

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i know that. He was on the team over the summer and his attitude caused a falling out with him and Neil. I don't think he would have acted as badly had Rick stayed. I believe he thought he could test Neil and get away with it. The team is better off w/o him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I certainly hope Neil does good in cobraville. Every small school has a drop off in their talent pool. That time has rolled around for CHS. A hard thing to handle will be those questioning attitudes in the stands. His players he can handle.
    People get use to being a winner and all of a sudden your losing. The blame will be cast somewhere.. Those guys will bail after a little while though. He wont have to deal with them.
    I think hes got the love of the game that he can stick it out till he gets more to work with.
    But, Hipocrit.. it sounds like your pretty objective about the situation.
    I think the main thing is the kids have a fair chance to play and be taught something in the process. Sometimes it isnt about ball!! lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am one that can be somewhat objective. I was there before the winning actually started and remember the fact that Council was everyone else's homecoming game. We had some pretty bad years and the good since then has lasted alot longer than I would have thought. Like you said the talent pool has to lessen over time and I don't foresee the rise again at Council. The school will shut down before it happens.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Neil will be fine he has the heart for it and is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He was left in a tough spot for sure and will rebound if the feeder program is still doing well. That is where it all starts is you little league and so on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12