Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well i guess most of you all have seen the all BDD and i will probably piss some folks off here but here goes. First off to not have Shortridge on the First team is bad enough but to make him honorable mention? Give me a break, Epling does not deserve to be on the All BDD 1st team and Compton from Haysi doesnt deserve to be on the thing at all. 3 from Honaker is insane the Newberry kid doesnt belong and for Hart to be Coach of the Year.......give me a break. Say that i am biased if you like but that is the truth. Lester should have been POY by himself and that is final, i mean Viars is a hell of a player but in no way was POY matrial this season. The whole Logan thing is to me a big part that people are taking it out on the kid because he has a ass for a dad and he cant help that. If being a 1000pts scorer is a big to do how do you leave one off of the All BDD team? How can you be all BDD last season and not this one and the kid had a better season this than last. It all goes to show it is dirty politics and that is sad. I dont know who has all the pull to get these guys on that thing dont belong but i tell you what Honaker got a lot on that didnt and Epling should have in no way been more than Honarable Mention. Not saying that every one of the kids from TV deserve 1st team but if Epling and a few others that made the All BDD in general then you could put Horne and Simpson on the team along with May from Hurley being POY shoot lets go crazy with it and put 20 kids on there..............pathetic.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 14, 2006 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Air-Ran ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you are going to list All BDD Players this is mine agree or disagree:

L. Shortridge,TV
    K. Vandyke,TV
    J. Lester,TV
    M. Baldwin,TV
    K. Goodman,TV

K. Viars,Haysi
    R. Jones,Haysi

May, Hurley

D.Barton, Council(that is a reach)

J. Shortridge, Honaker

10 players make up 2 teams and that is all the rest send to HM and let them feel special.

Epling, Compton, M. Shortridge(could have put him ahead of Barton),and who ever elses feelings they didnt want to hurt. Sad Sad Sad.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 14, 2006 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Air-Ran ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd pretty much agree with your list air-ran

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well 12 players make the All-BDD team so you cannot just have 10 but that list is good the other 2 should be m. shortride and epling...logan being left is a total disgrace, hart being coach of the year is a disgrace, and kevin being the shared POY is completely insane

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with everything everyone has said except for the deal with Kevin Viers. He maybe shouldn't have been Co-POY but its definitely not insane. He led a team that had no business being in the regionals that not only made it to the regionals but almost single handedly beat a state final 4 team (Twin Springs). Not to disrespect any other member of Haysi's ball team but KV was the only legitimate player they had. Ryan got hot in a couple of games but he really wasn't a consistent threat. I have no idea how Lance was mentioned. I expected Chad Barton to step up and have a better season but it didn't happen. The fact that Haysi even made the regionals was enough of a surprise to me but the fact that they almost upset TS deserves some notice atleast for Viers because without him they would have went down by about 30.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 14, 2006 06:42 PM: Message edited by: biggamesjames ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No Doubt Viers is a hell of a player but i have never been a fan of sharing a POY at all. If i am not mistaking the BDD selections used to be 2 teams of 5 with honorable mention after that, but if there was 12 yeah i would put the other shortridge kid on the 2nd team along with Epling but neither on the first.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I totally agree with Airs List! I think theres politics run amuck.
    I feel Lester is the legit POY. Logan shoulda been on the first team. But, his dads always pushed him for all its worth in the past. Maybe ppl are tired of that!
    Did Epling play this year?? lol

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 15, 2006 06:23 AM: Message edited by: DawgHouse ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think what James sees is what everyone else sees inconsistancy and alot of nothing else but 3's fired up from everywhere, i am not taking nothing away from Jones he got hot for about 4 games but he was not in no way close to the player Viers is, Viers had a lot on him and scoring pts is not always the mark of a good ball player. Anyone and i mean any one can score is they chuck it up enough and i seen Jones play a few times this season and came away unimpressed to say the least and came away even more with the feeling i had of him last season. Spot up shooter who fed off of Viars being heavly guarded and setting him up alot. Take that for what you want but that is my overall look at his situation. Still trying to figure out if Epling played or not?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know he didnt against TV.. lol.. he eat more leather than anybody i've seen in along long time!! hahaha. DJ made it with out seriously getting killing himself or someone else.
    I think Hart pulled alot of string for his boys! Evidently alot of the coaches voted for him.. Moore and his team was Ranked #1 in the State for the biggest part of the season. Thats alot of pressure on him and his kids. He finished runner up in the State! He didnt get COY??? I dont understand that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah the BDD always seems to have shady dealings when it comes to ALL BDD. Epling is awful he wouldn't start on any team around other than Council's. Moore not being COY is the craziest thing I have heard.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast