Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow...we win region in football AND baseball. If you said something like that before the seasons started you would have been laughed at.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this is probably one of the best groups to ever come through haysi, if not the best.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'LL HAVE TO ADMIT "DUMDUM",HAYSI LOOKED EXTREMELY SOLID LAST NIGHT AGAINST GREAT CITY.JONES WAS ON,HITTING THE CORNERS ALL NIGHT WITH AN OCCASIONAL WELL PLACED CURVE.HILL HAD AN EXCEPTIONAL GAME NOT ONLY AT THE PLATE(AT THE RIGHT TIME),BUT BEHIND THE PLATE AS WELL.THAT LAST ATTEMPT AT SECOND LOOKED LIKE AN OUT THOUGH(THAT WOULD HAVE MADE HIM 3 FOR 3).THEN TURN AROUND AND LAMBAST A DESCENT KELLY TEAM.YOU KNOW I'VE NEVER CARED MUCH FOR HAYSI,BUT I'LL GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE,AND THEY DID LOOK IMPRESSIVE DURING THE TOURNEY.I KNOW THEY HOST NEXT,BUT AGAINST WHO?...........BY THE WAY,CONGRATS AND TAKE 'EM ONE AT A TIME.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the props 2Crue and yes this has to be considered one of the best years in Haysi sports history for the boys. Region D Champs in Football and Baseball!...Runners-up in track...only disappointment was Boys Basketball but still made the regionals. Have to atleast be talked about in the same breath with the graduating class of '92 who won Region D championships in Football and Basketball(3 consecutive state tourneys), finished 3rd in the Regional Track meet and was elimated in the Region D semis in Baseball.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know what though with the amount of talent the girls had this year in all sports it has to be a bit of a disappointment despite their success. I really thought they would make a state championship appearance in either girls basketball or softball and possibly both. They had a good career as well but the results didn't match the talent. As for the boys the opposite may be true...the results were pretty much better than you would have expected...not saying there was no talent because there is but they have to be considered over-achievers atleast somewhat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I definatley agree with you about the football team I thought we looked pretty bad against pound in the scrimage or whatever it was

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hell when we almost lost to Rye Cove I thought our season was down the drain.