Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I FIGURE I'D POST THIS AT LEAST TO GET SOMEBODY TALKING.HOW ABOUT THEM TIGERS LOSING 6-2 TO THEM "FREAKIN" DEACONS(OH YEAH,DUNDUIN,MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK,SORRY BRO'). I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD ONE SINCE THEY BOTH HAVE A LONG STORIED PAST OF P***ING EACH OTHER OFF.THEE GUYS ALL GOING YARD,IMAGINE THAT,ONE BY VANCE BEING A MAJOR BLAST,AND THAT WAS OFF WHO?Y'ALL GET BACK TO ME ALRIGHT....WELL I'M SURE OF IT,AND COUNTING ON IT.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We beat st. paul by the slaughter rule earlier in the season. Guess we had an off game. No one really cares about haysi baseball anyway.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OH WELL,I THOUGHT FOR SURE SOMEONE WOULD HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO SAY.....GOOD DAY,SIR

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YOU KNOW,IT FIGURES IF YOU ALL ARE NOT DOING WELL IN SOMETHING OR HAVE A BAD GAME,YOU'D RATHER NOT TALK ABOUT IT.TYPICAL "RED" IF YOU ASK ME.IN REFERENCE TO YOUR FOOTBALL,DUNDUIN,I CAN REMEMBER WHEN HAYSI WAS EVERYBODY'S KICKING POST,ASK YOUR DAD.ALSO ASK WHO THE COACH WAS BEFORE COLLEY?DUH,KISER I BELIEVE WAS THE ONE WHO GOT THE WHEELS IN MOTION,COLLEY BUILT IT NO DOUBT AND HAS DONE AN EXCELLENT JOB SINCE.ANYWAY,Y'ALL TALK DUDE,JUST LIKE THE REST OF D.C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No baseball has just never been a big topic at haysi. And yeah Haysi didn't have much going for it in football until a few years before my dad's team barely lost to PV at region in 85.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not really true...Haysi's first ever winning season was under Kiser in 76 at 7-3. In '77 Haysi was ranked in the top 10 in the state and lost some guys to injury and ended up having a disappointing season, 6-4 I think. Haysi went to the BDD in '78 and won two of the first three championships in '79 and '80. Colley came on board in '82 and won BDD championships in '84, '85, '87, '90, '91, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '01, '03, and '05. Also won Region D Championships in '91, '93 and '05. Kiser is really the main person responsible for making Haysi's name in football and building the program. Colley took it to the next level.

You would have to ask somebody's grandpa its been so long since St. Pie beat Haysi. St. Pie was in the BDD from '78 thru '89 and never won the first BDD Championship while Haysi had 5 titles in the same time span. St. Pie did manage to get out of the district and luckily escape to the Cumberland before the beatings really began in the 90's though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YOU SEEM VERY KNOLEDGEABLE THERE JAMES,BUT IF YOU RECALL CORRECTLY THERE WERE ALSO TWO OTHERS WHICH DECIDED A LOT OF EARLY CHAMPS,LIKE GARDEN AND HURLEY,EARLY '80'S SAW THESE GUYS KICKING ALOT OF A**,WE NEVER STOOD MUCH OF A CHANCE AGAINST THESE GUYS.I'VE NEVER LIKED HAYSI AT ALL,BUT I HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR COLLEY AS A PERSON AND COACH,AND YES HE HAS DONE A EXCELLENT JOB.WE MAY NOT HAVE DONE MUCH IN FOOTBALL,BUT LAST I CHECKED WE HAD A FEW BASKETBALL MOMENTS AND DOMINATED BASEBALL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah Garden and Hurley had some good teams in the early 80's no doubt. Still, put them both together and they don't have half the BDD titles that Haysi has.

St. Paul is definitely a baseball school I will give them that...I can't remember many moments they've had in basketball but I'm sure there were a few. St. Paul stopped Haysi's first real chance of winning Region D in Baseball in the spring of '85 after Haysi had upset 4 time defending state champion J.J. Kelly in the regional semi-final. I think Haysi managed to make another appearance in the Region D Baseball Final a few years back when they had Jordan Compton...but once again no championship.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YOU SEEM TO BE UP ON ALOT OF THIS JAMES?DID YOU PLAY IN THE OLD BDD WITH....HAYSI,COUNCIL,ST.PAUL,POCY,WHITEWOOD, HURLEY,GARDEN..I THINK I GOT THEM ALL?

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ April 14, 2006 06:23 PM: Message edited by: 2CRUE_82 ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 14, 2006 06:25 PM: Message edited by: 2CRUE_82 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I KNOW I'M PROB NOT AS OLD AS YOU FELLAS, WELL I KNOW I AINT JAMES..HAHA..I THINK IT WAS 87 OR 88 BASKETBALL GAME AT CLINCHCO, WHEN ST.PAULS COACH FOUND OUT WHAT GEORGE GULLEYS FIST TASTE LIKE..IF I RECALL HAYSI WON THAT GAME...LETS JUST BE REAL, ST.PAUL'S BASEBALL TEAM IS THE ONLY TEAM THEY HAVE THAT CAN COMPETE WITH HAYSI AND IF THEY SPLIT GAMES I GUESS THAT MEANS THEY ARE EVEN...WE DONT EVEN WANT TO TALK ABOUT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD OR THE B-BALL COURT...NOT TRYING TO BE AN ASS JUST KEEPIN IT REAL..PEACE

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast