Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I made a trip to Castlewood on Saturday night to support our Region D brethren in their bid for a final four trip. Due to the huge following of Honaker I along with several other people from Twin Springs had to sit on the Radford side. In the middle of the Radford section was a group of about 50 Honaker students that first got my attention when several of them joked and made noises during the National Anthem, but you get those with their youthful ignorance or rebellionistic attitude in every school. It is what happen when the game started that so appalling. As the game commenced this whole section of student stood up and remained standing, even after serval people pleeded, fussed, and insisted that they sit down. Some, to thier credit, did so once they relized how inconsiderate they were being. But a large number of them remained standing just for spite even after they were asked to sit down by a depty sheriff and one of the Castlewood administrators. One mother came and got her son(good for her). This went on the whole ballgame and really ruined the game for several of the spectators. I like seeing the big crowds from small schools. Lord knows the TS Red Army has crowded a gym or two. But we should always show class. Even though the great majority of the Honaker fans are very classie, these "bad apples" left a very bad taste in lot of people's mouth.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont know what happend but they could have possibly been standing for pep section and if thats the case i'd have to side with them but if they were standing to be annoying than shame on them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i agree honaker should not have been on radford's side but it is a sporting event if you dont want to stand up at a game dont come i have been to games where you have had to stand up the entire game so i dont think anyone should complain about them standing up what they should have been complaning about it that they were honaker students causing a ruckus on radfords side

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 19, 2003 09:10 PM: Message edited by: gobigred ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Honaker students at Radford game

Shame on these guys who makes noise during National Anthem. The matter is serious. I used to write blogs and statements over social reponsibility of a citizen. After indulging myself in social work I am not able to spare too much time for writing contents. I have contacted a professional personal statement writer. These people do my work with unique content and charge less money. With a lot of free time I planning to visit Honaker once again to see the changes.