Thread: BDD Vball

1inStripes

Question

I was just wondering if Haysi, and Honaker are the only two schools in the district who participate in volleyball? I know this was the case after Pocahontas left the BDD for the MED. I was wondering why, especially Twin Valley if they do not, other schools in the BDD do not take up a volleyball program. I would tend to believe that TV would do decent with some work because of their athletic girls bball players. I would hope that St. Paul would finally live up to their own instructions and take up a volleyball program to add to the Cumberland.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes TV does have a team and so does hurley neither of them are very good

this TV 2nd year and neither whitewood or garden had one before that

and this is hurley 2nd or 3rd year also

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BDD is fairly weak when it comes to volleyball. I would love to see the BDD get competitive and possibly have a few teams that can compete for the Regional Crown much like the LPD and CD do.

1inStripes

I am glad to hear that the BDD is increasing in numbers for volleyball. I hope that they all can become competitive. Volleyball is a great sport to watch and participate in. Honaker had some decent teams in the late 90s, the problem was that Castlewood and Rye Cove have been completely dominant, and with the addition of Gate City, it has only gotten tougher.