Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

over on the LPD board they are talking about JV football and who qualifies as JV I always thought JV was 8th and 9th graders and anyone above that was varsity and if they dont play they can play on the B team some are saying 10th and 11th graders are fair game for JV I dont think that is fair to the smaller programs or good for the kids as a junior you shouldnt even want to play against 8-9 graders

I think the best solution is
    6-7 little league
    8-9 JV
    10-up varsity
    that seems to put all teams on a even playing field of course advanced players should move up to a higher level along with bigger players if you are 6ft and 260lbs in 7th grade like I was you dont need to compete w/ smaller kids people seem to forget the point of anything lower than varsity to to develop not just to win(yes winning is nice) and the point of all sports is to compete not to blast inferior teams espically if you are older and larger

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you are in grades 8-10 in other sports, you can play JV. Why not football?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There were some times when I thought Honaker wasn't gonna pull it out, but they did. This is a good kind of win for Honaker to have. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Honaker has ever won a game this season so far while trailing the whole game, should be a good confidence booster for them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ye i think ur right not real sure ,but i say tazewell will be alittle tougher task.not sure what to think of that but since taz did beat va high pretty bad ,it may not be good.but i think the orange can win but it will definetley have to be their A game and off night for taz.but first come hurley.yea they have a hard time when they get down by a touchdown, and always have for some reason.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 14, 2006 08:20 AM: Message edited by: LITLTIGER ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i agree with u redtiger .this should be the guidelines ,and in another way of lookin at it i have seen even jrs and seniors that would do good to play at the 8th grade level.i really think its a judgement call,and the coaches should not abuse it just to win.if its a kid that never sees any playin time at all and he is a sophmore or higher how much damage is he goin to do?if he spends a good bit of time on the field fri nights then id say no.hey there tiger fan how did u like that game ?it was a nerve wrecker wasnt it ?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 14, 2006 12:56 AM: Message edited by: LITLTIGER ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tazewell beat VA High 35-14, I think. Seems like though I heard the game was pretty close til the end and Tazewell capitilized on some mistakes by the 'cats.