Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ive not seen haysi but when we scrimmage clintwd they looked like they were pretty solid team.but so far we have made all the teams look solid the way we have played defense.i think clinwd will be in the runnin at the end .as for honaker and haysi time will tell,but honaker has along way to go if they end up with 4-6 record.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IMHO the game was tighter than the Final score if the ball bounces the other way a few time who knows.

I think Haysi has a better D than I expected (very quick and the LBs are VERY good tacklers)

I think there passing game looks good as well Powers is a solid runner at FB BUT Haysi does not have anyone else that is any type of threat to run the ball.

I THINK Haysi would be better off moving Powers to TB and trying to find a BLOCKING FB IMHO that would improve there running game 100% that or run the I without a FB (3 wideouts and a TE)

After having seen both Haysi and Honaker I think Haysi is the better team however they are close enough that either team could easily pull it out

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I disagree with Counts. I believe that the Powers and Yates combo is a lot better than putting a larger fullback in the backfield. I think that will just slow Haysi's running game down. Haysi's DB's just seem like that haven't got the jist of things. The line did not look good until the 4th quarter and by then it did not matter. I don't think Haysi looked that great against Clintwood, but I think they are a lot better than they showed. I talked to one of the coaches that said that some of the boys were scared to death. I think the line just has to to toughen up and block more than 2 seconds so we can develop the running game and so Chris will have more time to throw the ball. It is hard to run the ball when no one blocks the end on a quick pitch, so Powers has to take him on and the LB kills the RB. The Tigers offense is going to have to straighten up on the line if Haysi has a chance to win against Honaker.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Counts about Powers playing tailback. I think Haysi should go with a single back set. That would give them the flexibility to go double tights and run the ball or go 3 wide and throw it...you could mix it up with some play action as well. Powers is the best threat to run the ball and he should get atleast 20 touches a game. You just can't get up a head of steam consistently when you line up 1 yard off the qb's butt every play.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's amazing how we underuse Caleb. He kills people wnen he has the ball but he only gets about 13 or 14 touches a game. Anything toget him the ball more would help. We also need to get Joe Yates the ball more.