Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

3 years and 12.25 million from the Giants!

Wow!

It will be interesting to see if Omar outperforms whomever we put at shortstop for the next three years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was a mistake letting Omar go. He's one of the few guys who really wanted to stay. It proves there's no loyalty from the owners. I expect managers to do the best for the team, but keeping Omar was best for the team.

Goodluck, Omar.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What fascinates me most is I think Omar's offensive contributions will really be noticed in San Francisco because there is no DH.

If Omar is put into the eighth spot SF will see just how clutch Omar can be. Omar will probably be the best number 8 hitter in the National League.

If Omar is put into the top part of the line-up he will probably have a decent OBP and will be driven in by Barry Bonds quite a few times.

All in all perhaps one of the best teams Omar could have gone to.

I don't believe Peralta is the answer at shortstop and I think the sooner they put Peralta at third the better, like starting now in whatever league is available.

I think Phillips should be at shortstop and perhaps we re-sign Belliard for second. Phillips and Belliard may be the ideal tandem. Belliard may be motivated to lose a few pounds by being around the ever so vain Phillips and Phillips WILL LEARN A LOT from Belliard when it comes to baseball smarts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Phillips hasn't shown me a thing yet...hitting wise. I think he's going to be a Ray Oyler type of player or maybe like Jerry Dybzinski. Peralta doesn't have the power to play 3b in my opinion. Most thirdbasemen, for whatever reason are power hitters. Peralta would do okay at third, but he's better suited for shortstop. Keep Belliard at second, put Peralta at short and move Blake to the outfield. With Boone playing 3b (if he's well), they have a pretty fair lineup.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Peralta will "grow" into more of a power hitter. If he's a prolific doubles hitter and hits 15-20 homers AND hits for average I would be happy with his production for a third baseman.

Plus he has a great arm. (I've read this but not seen it for myself) Maybe Blake and Peralta become interchangeable parts between 3rd base and Right Field?

If Phillips gets his shot I'd rather it be at shortstop because he's probably the best one we've got in the system at all levels now that Omar is gone.

My position originally was to go with Omar and Belliard for one more season let Peralta and Phillips cook in the minors for the first part of next season and then decide what to do based on how everyone is performing after the first two months of the season.

Notice how I have not mentioned Boone at all. [img]confused.gif[/img]