When Byrd pitches from the stretch, he is nowhere near as effective as when he pitches from the wind-up.

I would seriously experiment with finding a position for Byrd on the field where he could "hide" for a batter or two and the Indians bring in a reliever for certain runners on situations during the middle innings.

Then Byrd can continue pitching the following inning. lol, the problem is I can't see where we could hide Byrd without giving up a quality player who would then have to leave the game.

Shin Soo Choo used to pitch. I wonder if Choo could come in and pitch to a batter or two whenever Byrd is in a bind. lol, the problem with that idea is Choo just had elbow issues this year and even if he is healed it probably would be foolish to try him as a temp pitcher.

However, getting back to the core issue, Byrd looks like a million dollars when he is in his wind-up, and he doesn't look as good when he pitches from the stretch.

Come playoffs time this issue could come back to haunt us when Byrd is on the mound.