Thread: Peralta having trouble running and gunning...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I first mentioned this on another forum, but Peralta can't throw with much velocity or very accurately when he catches a grounder on the run.

The guy is probably so preoccupied with being as good a fielder as Omar that I don't think he practices enough his throws on the run.

He just made an error on a throw while running towards second against the Kansas City Royals.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I guess I should update this post.

Jhonny got better as the 2005 season went along.

In 2006, Jhonny needs to move up in the batters box as he continues to struggle at the plate. His average is down to the low .230's and he's striking out under once per four at bats.

Yikes!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Moderator's note- I originally created this topic over a year ago! I've bumped it back up to note the irony of how we lost a chance to sweep the Cardinals relates to a problem I detected in Jhonny's fielding over a year ago....

Originally posted by Alex:
    I first mentioned this on another forum, but Peralta can't throw with much velocity or very accurately when he catches a grounder on the run.

The guy is probably so preoccupied with being as good a fielder as Omar that I don't think he practices enough his throws on the run.

He just made an error on a throw while running towards second against the Kansas City Royals.
    <font size="3" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">um, well, about an hour ago, Jhonny made a somewhat awful throw, again on the run, that would allowed the Indians to go to the tenth inning in a 4-4 tie. Instead, game over on what would have been the third out in the bottom of the ninth inning.

and yes, Jhonny looked like he lost the ability to throw hard when he was on the run. Vic was playing at first and sort of swiped at the ball as it bounced in front of him.

It was a catcheable ball, but probably not for someone playing just his second or third game at first.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 30, 2006 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>