I see the season slip slidin away.

I see it in a core group of players who are on a downward spiral when it comes to OBP.

Broussard has a terrible OBP, so does Casey and
Boone. This was my biggest fear coming into the season, that replacing Matt Lawton's offense with Casey Blakes offense (as it relates to OBP) in combination with losing Omar
and "gaining" Boone, might make the team weaker in the OBP category, and that could have a catacylsmic effect on the offense.

On another forum, I was berated on this point. The argument was that all we were really doing was replacing Lawton with Casey, and that Boone was a wash with Casey from last year.

My point was the loss of both Omar and Matt might really hurt this team offensively, and it has.

My scenario of Peralta at third, Omar at short, and Casey in right would have been overall better than the loss of Omar.

Plus, an overall more competitive line-up would have put the focus on Casey, and Ben Broussasrd, much sooner. It's as if because Boone is so bad, it's OK to also have Casey, and then therefore it's OK to also have Ben.

What bugs me about Ben is I don't think he gets mad enough when he strikes out. I wonder if Ben's musical career has interfered with his baseball practice routine.

All I know is that players like Ronnie Belliard and his penchant for first pitch swinging should be augmented with ballplayers that get on base.