You have to go back TEN YEARS to see the last time the Yankees were not holding down a playoff position this late in the season!

The Indians were the ones to, for the moment anyways, knock the Yankees from the top Wildcard spot.

Besides the Yankees, I would like to see the Indians also "catch" and pass the Red Sox. If the Indians go into the final week of the season just one game ahead of BOTH the Yankees and the Red Sox, even a season ending three game losing streak would still find the tribe in a playoff tie with either Boston or New York (assuming Oakland or Calfornia are farther back in the standings).

It's strange that a one game lead can allow for a three game pad, but because New York and Boston face each other the final three games of the season, the tribe would be sitting pretty with a mere one game lead over both the Red Sox and Yankees.

That's why I am rooting for a three game Yankee sweep this weekend (Yanks have already won game one, 8-4) whereas most others are rooting for the Red Sox to win.

I'd rather see both the Red Sox and Yankees scrambling to win, rather than the Red Sox build up an insurmountable lead, which will just make the Yankees try that much harder to catch the Indians for the Wild Card spot.