I really would like to see Casey Blake stay at third the rest of the year, and I would like to see Shin Soo Choo and Franky G added as our fourth and fifth outfielder.

For the above to happen, then one of the following three would have to be traded or waived.... Dellucci, Nixon, or Michaels.

OUCH! Nixon has hit impressively at times, and Michaels just today had a good day against Oakland. Dellucci has a three year deal.

All I can say is it doesn't make sense to have three vets in the outfield, (a fourth if you count Casey") because there are no rookies to take under their wings.

Jeremy Sowers credited Paul Byrd with helping him last year get adjusted. But in our outfield of vets, they have no one to pass on their grit and experience.

My primary gripe with the vets is I don't think they ultimately cover as much ground in the outfield as either Choo or Gutz would cover, nor are their arms as good.

Last year, Minnesota was 14-28 and then they brought up three players from the minors and their season completely turned around. Will the Indians have the guts to do the same? Should the Indians do the same this season and what criteria should they use before going younger (in a platoon role with the remaining vets).