Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

"I can hit the ball good off the tee," he said. "That's the problem. It's always the one good one that would bring you back." -CC Sabathia.

CC is a very smart cat. He gets it. If he plays golf, he's good enough at it to launch the ball off the tee and watch it go really far. If he doesn't get a good drive right away, he'll keep going until he does, once he does get a good drive from the tee, he'll then want to replicate it. In other words, Golf can be addicting.

The problem is CC has for two consecutive years hurt his adominal oblique muscle and it's affected his actual real job, pitching for the Cleveland Indians. The odds that it relates to his golfing are more than remote. Nobody has told CC not to play golf, but he's smart enough to see the connection and not do it this year.

So, should baseball players play golf when it might increase the risk of injury to their abdominal obliques? How come most if not all baseball contracts don't list Golf as a sport for their ballplayers to avoid?

I would guess that management probably has many executives who golf, and it wouldn't look right for management to tell players not to do something that they themselves do.

Wow. To think a team's chances for the upcoming baseball season might hinge on whether their players play golf or not, yet Golf is a much safer activity than motorcycling, snowboarding, horse riding, basketball etc...

Could anyone imagine the management of a baseball team forgoing golf themselves so that they then could ask their ballplayers not to golf as well! One solution might be to hire a golf consultant for every team who can then teach the ballplayers the proper warmup routine prior to playing a round of golf. I'd go so far as to have the golf consultant accompany the ballplayers when they play golf.

I don't know, golf still seems like a problematic sport for a ballplayer even if they are careful.

Superstar athletes playing golf, the dirty secret nobody wants to talk about!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just as long as he doesn't play basketball...another secret they don't want to talk about. Actually, baseball players have been playing golf for years. Most of the time it's okay.