so many pivotal plays on offense.

The Indians scoring three runs after a double play in the first inning left them with no one on, two outs, no runs in. Key at bats by Jhonny Peralta and Ryan Garko going three for three to start the game was very huge.

Kenny Lofton basically drove somebody in everycome he came up! Everybody contributed.

About the only question mark for me was why not bring in Paul Byrd in the sixth and see if we could squeeze 3 or 4 innings out of him?

I really believe Paul Byrd may be much more of a presence in the world series against a NL league team than what he may do against either New York or Boston (assuming the injured Angels lose to Boston).

While I can't disagree with getting Perez, Betancourt, and Lewis work in this game so that they get rid of their butterflies, tomorrow's game is just as huge because not only do we need to win, we need to not go to the pen too early either.

Byrd could have actually pitched today and still been available for game 4 if necessary since he wouldn't only throw about 50 pitches tonight.

I ultimately understand the logic of just taking each game as it comes, and try to win them all. But if there is a chance to get Byrd to eat innings against a team when that team is losing to us by six runs, that probably is a better scenario than pitching Byrd when you MUST get a certain amount of innings out of him.

Still, overall a tremendous win against a very powerful Yankee team.