The very first thing the Indians must do is not put Shin Soo Choo directly behind Ryan Garko.

Choo has 14 hits so far, over half have been for extra bases.
The problem is having Ryan Garko on base when Choo comes up.

Choo has excellent speed and has already lost one triple because Garko was on first base. This same thing happened last year when Vic was on first and Choo hit a triple that Vic couldn't score on, and instead Choo was caught in a rundown between second and third.

Please, put only fast guys before Choo, bat Garko immediately after Choo.

Secondly, we need one or two long relievers who can go 2 or 3 innings. Especially when Byrd, Sowers or Laffey is pitching.

thirdly, we have to be careful with Blake, Jhonny, Gutz, and Shoppach, Only Blake has a marginally OK OBP, and batting four of them every night is dicey. I don't have a solution, I'm just pointing out that OBP matters.

I feel a top of the line up of Grady, Carroll, Francisco, Choo and Garko is pretty solid. It's the backend and the low OBP that concerns me.

Trade CC for an immediate young can't miss hard throwing starter, a reliever, and a third base prospect. As much as I like Casey Blake, if Casey is part of the trade then the new prospect and marte can share time at third for the rest of this season and the winner starts next season.

Cabrera and Carroll could be the starting combo for the next couple of years, and that is not so bad if the third baseman can deliver some pop.

The outfield seems fine to me.