The Tribe Sweeps Detroit!

Now it's on to Boston.

Last year against Boston the Indians split an early August 4 game series in Boston after trailing in the fourth game 3-0 on the strength of a 7 run rally. The last four runs coming on a thrilling Grand Slam by Shin Soo Choo to the deepest part of center field, well over 400 feet away from home plate.

Choo later rifled a throw from right field that reached Vic Martinez on the fly and kept a runner at third. The base runner kind of made a gesture like "I'm glad I didn't try to score" after seeing the throw rocket in from about the identical depth that Trot has attempted some throws recently that kind of die by the pitchers mound.

At some point this season, I'd like to see the Indians rotate ALL THREE Indians minor league outfielders up onto the major league team, each minor league outfielder would get one week, then they would be replaced by another minor league outfielder. The three (Choo, Franky, and Ben Francisco) would each get valuable experience up here while significantly strengthening our late inning bench options BOTH in the pinch running department and outfield defense late in a game. Because these three outfielders will still play in the minors every two out of three weeks they still will stay sharp even if they play a limited but crucial role when they are called up for their one week major league rotation.