Videotaping opposing coaches signals during a game for later use seems like cheating to me.

There are parallels to baseball to consider. There have been accusations that the home baseball team will put a hidden camera in the bleachers and videotape the opposing teams catchers signals, and even the coaches signals for presumeably the same advantage that Mr. Belichick was after in football.

That would explain why a pitcher covers his mouth with his glove during those meetings on the mound.

What I don't like about Belichick spying on the other teams coaches is that he is considered one of the greatest NFL coaches to ever live. If the Detroit Lions were found to have been doing what Mr. Belichick had done, we'd probably all flinch at how an unsuccessful team was stealing signs and still playing poorly.

But once a team reaches and wins the super bowl on three different occasions, and then it's discovered they were stealing opposing coaches signs, it puts the situation in a much graver light.

If it can be verified that Mr. Belichick has been stealing signs for years and during the years that they made it to the Super Bowl, I think their super-bowl wins should be rescinded.

I guess I am drawing a new line in the sand, "you can cheat, but if you successfully cheat and become the "best"
in your field of expertise while cheating, your titles should be removed and you will be dishonored.

I prefer no cheating, but if I had to compromise, my compromise would be...if you cheat, don't cheat to win it all, just cheat to survive. If you do cheat to win it all, then don't act like a victim when you are found out and dishonored.