Thread: The Extra Runs we Give up Because Coco is not in the Outfield...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I stated that I think losing Coco will cost our team as much as 40-60 runs this coming season because of Coco's outfield defense.

Well, in game one of the season, we see that Michaels just missed a ball that I'm pretty sure Coco would have gotten.

It looks like the "double" will result in two runs scoring and who knows how CC now reacts. That doesn't mean that Micahels won't make up for it with many deep into the count at bats.

But so far, ring up two runs for Coco, and we're only 3 innigs into the season.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 02, 2006 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and the chain reaction begins.

I predicted as much on another forum. Once the defense falls off a bit, the pitchers can overcompensate, especially CC.

A few pitches later, and CC is being pulled because something is not right. If Michaels makes that catch, CC is in a whole different rhythme and he at least gets out of this inning.

Perhaps whatever he has is nothing more than a slight pull or inability to stretch completely, but the better the outfield defense, the more it protects the pitchers.