Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Depending on what happens with Juan Gonzalez, I'd love to see Grady as our lead off hitter and Coco Crisp in the two spot.

Grady
    Coco
    Hafner
    Martinez
    Boone
    Belliard
    Broussard
    Blake
    Peralta/Cora

The four B's are pretty much interchangeable in my opinion. I think Grady showed he can take pitches last season and improve on his OBP and be a .400 OBP.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After posting that, the Tribe went to Coco as lead-off and Grady in the two spot!

Coco is getting more walks but Grady still seems to take more pitches. I loved how Coco was able to wait on a 55mph change up against Hernandez of the White Sox and blast a hit to field which he barely beat out for a double.

Coco has been walking more lately so the two may indeed be interchangeable. However the next day Grady was moved back in the line-up and Cora was put in the two spot.

Cora had a wonderful hit with Indians on first and second. Cora was supposed to bunt, but the infielders reacted too soon to the bunt and left the shortstop spot completely open. Cora just hit the slowest little dinky ball to short you will ever see and since no one was there Crisp came around to score from second and Hafner went from first to third and Cora got an infield hit, and it was all improvised at the last possible moment by Cora, who was supposed to bunt but instead swung away.

Wedge had a bid smile on his face aftr that play.
    Maybe Cora is Omar two???

The offensive key to this season will be if Coco, Sizemore and perhaps Cora can emulate what Omar and Matt did last season for us. If they can do that, we probably score equal or more runs than last year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just happened to come across this topic post, first made in April 2005.

While I seem to be alone on this forum, I can't complain about my accuracy and proficiency of observations.

I guess others may be intimidated by it???

Hostboard Member Michael J. Fox's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

they should have gone after Kenny Lofton.