Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

CC has broken off contract talks. Apparently there weren't enough years on the table.

I say lets move on. CC has twice derailed all of the momentum that Cleveland had built up. First, he lost two games against Boston in the playoffs. Then CC breaks off contract talks.

I have a problem with CC breaking off contract talks. First he ruined the Indians first chance at a ring even though NOBODY was mad him. But now, when he had a chance to regather lost momentum and sign up for the next four or five years, CC choose to dismiss the Indians and their fans.

I don't want to see this guy in a uniform come the first day of the season unless he has signed up for at least three years. CC has just become a momentum killer to this team and having him around for another season will become a cancer that will harm the Indians fan base.

The Yankees didn't linger on AROD, and as a result they were able to do a better job of strategizing their needs because they knew he was back in the fold. That's what real winners do.

I presume that CC is a good influence for Carmona, and if CC is traded it could cause Carmona to press and not have a good year.

I just don't see what benefit there was in shutting down talks before the start of the season.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

There are creative ways to get a contract done. Give the Indians an opt out clause after the third year of a six year deal.

If CC has three good years, of course the Indians will want the final three years. Heck the Indians may want the final three years even if CC has a good first year followed by a bad second year followed by a good third year.

A 6 year, 120 million dollar deal retroactive to this year actually adds an extra 11 million or almost 2 million a year. After the third year the Indians either agree to the rest of the contract or pay a 10 million buy out.

In essence, all CC has to do is have two out of three good years and he ensures a five year deal with a huge bonus added to the upcoming year. That seems pretty fair, no?

When one adds the 11 million on the front end plus the 10 million buy out after the third year the Indians are basically adding 21 million dollars of money that could result in no more playing time.