Thread: Cavs make huge trades just before Deadline.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Welcome Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West, Joe Smith.

Goodbye to Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall and Ira Newble.

Overall I would say the Cavs got some interesting flexibility in this trade. None of the four players really overlap each other in terms of bringing the identical skill sets to the table, but all appear to be able to contribute.

Whereas of the four guys the Cavs traded, Gooden was the most solid, and Hughes was up and down way too much.

So on paper it does look like some good moves. I am a bit concerned that unlike the Laker Trades, the Cavs won't be able to go tall, thin, quick and accurate.

The Lakers with Kobe, Lamar Odom, and Pau Gasol can instantly go tall, thin, quick and accurate and it may propel them to the championship game. I just don't know if Szczerbiak, Z and Wallace on the floor make the team to big and slow.

However, what may may make it all work is Lebron, because Lebron can play with both a small line-up and a large line-up and still make it work. I hope Delonte West is the sleeper of the deal. I hope he is fast, accurate with a shot, and a playmaking guard that will continue to improve.

I think Wallace may love the Cleveland fans and thrive off of Lebron as well. And Wally Z now is the dish off man that Lebron has wanted all along. Gibson is of course just as valuable in that role but now whether the team goes big or small there will always be at least one dish off guy on the floor for Lebron.

Haven't even mention Joe Smith.

when AV, Pavs and Gibson begin playing regular minutes the Cavs may be able to field two solid five man rotations that keeps everyone fresh and ready for the playoffs.

An interesting trade to say the least.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cavs have been solid at home, awful on the road.

Can Gibson save their season? I'm worried the trades did not create more agility. Gooden and Hughes both seem to be doing well in Chicago.

Gibson, Lebron, West, Pavlovic and AV gives us an aggressive line-up, but will that combination work well together?