It is my opinion that someone did bend CC's ear when he was in New York a couple of months ago. It wouldn't surprise me if 6 years, 150 million dollars was hinted at, perhaps even 8 years, 200 million dollars.

Still, CC is walking away from 10 million dollars extra THIS YEAR, and by the end of his next contract, that will be almost like losing 20 million dollars.

CC signing a four year extension with a built in raise for this year, a total of 90 million dollars, is actually not that far off on a per year basis compared to what New York will probably offer CC this fall.

CC is willing to gamble the loss of more money this year for an additional 2-4 years on his next contract. Seems a shame how Cleveland ends up with the stars that always bolt before they bring a championship to this town, even when they are already on the brink.

In the end, that type of thinking is not the thinking of a true champion.
Just look at Jim Thome. If Thome had stayed in Ctown he might have been the anchor during the rebuild that helped put us over the top by now as I believe his injuries could have been avoided via the DH.

Even Manny's first ring might never have happened without Dave Robert's stolen bases once the Red Sox were down 3 games to 0 against the yankees. And without Robert's heroics, Manny would have been traded and a rebuild would have happened there, that's how close Manny came to not winning a championship.

And so it goes, more Cleveland stars not committing even when their team is close to championship caliber.