Virtually every multi year contract Shapiro has tendered to a non Indians Player has been terrible, with the exception of Paul Byrd, and that one took a year plus to resurrect itself.

May I name names? Matt Lawton, Ricky Gutierrez, Dave Dellucci, Aaron Boone, all non Indian players signed to multi-year deals that did nothing more than log jam positions.

May I also name names that almost stopped the growth of minor league players who were ready for the big show? Grady Sizemore almost held back another year in the minors if not for the Indians rushing Juan Gone back when Juan said himself he wasn't ready.

Signing Mr. Vasquez to an 800,000 dollar contract two months before spring training and basically sealing Brandon Phillips fate even though the claim was being made the two would duel it out in spring training.

Not resigning Bobby Howry, the excuse given was they were pursuing Brian Giles at 3 years and 28 million dollars, huh???
Breaking up a 2005 team that just needed a slight tinkering because Coco Crisp and Howry (who has been mentioned as a possible glove candidate this year) were not considered core players, or was it they were not considered worth their very modest salary raises they would be getting?

Franklin Gutierrez only got significant playing time this year because Dellucci was injured and Casey was put back at third, If Marte had played just a bit better, Franky G would have been labeled a perennial AAAA minor league player by the same people now jubliliant he has been a fixture in right field for most of the season.

So is the master plan to keep signing vets knowing they will injure themselves after the season has started thus allowing the minor league talent already blossoming to then get a chance to "gently" be introduced into the major league line-up? Shin Soo Choo should be up right now and should have been in left field when Minnesota had the winning run on second in the 10th inning.

Having said all of that, I think overall Mr. Shapiro has done 3 good things for everyone one botched thing, a very good ratio in my opinion. I also agree with Mr. Pluto that some Indians fans are way too manic and feel they are owed a championship, which is such a nonsensical way to live I actually hope someone prays for such people to learn what is MOST important in life.