So, far, the two reliever signings are OK. Hernandez was solid for the Mets last year. A bit old perhaps but probably his veteran presence will be welcomed. It's a bit sad that we almost paid for Hernandez what Howry would have cost last season, but it's too late to fix that mistake.

Fultz, I've never heard of.

The Dellucci signing is intriguing, and if Dellucci returns to his Pre-All Star 2005 form when he was with the Rangers, he could prove to be an invaluable table setter for both Travis and Vic.

What I don't like is that the signing is for three years AND I really feel it's going to roadblock the development of a myriad of players in our minor league system.

Gutierrez, Francisco, Crowe, Barton, Choo, maybe some of these guys are destined to be a "fourth" outfielder, but playing two of them in a platoon scenario may actually be more effective than Dellucci, and increase team speed.

Plus, Dellucci will make just enough to where he probably won't be benched or platooned, and that bothers me as well. I remember when Matt Lawton's fielding came into question, he was still playing in the outfield on a daily basis because he was making so much money.

The Dellucci signing really impacts what we do with Casey Blake.
I liked the idea of Casey splitting time with in the outfield and at first which would have allowed both Choo and Gutierrez to make the team, but now with Dellucci on the team, I don't see Gutz making the team and our bench speed will be compromised a bit.

If Choo and Gutz are platooned, we always have speed on the bench, but with Choo and Blake, that is not the case. Casey is not slow, but he is no Gutz or Choo.

The Dellucci signing seems to me to be a bit of a roadblock for all the players we have in the minors that are getting very close to being ready. If we didn't have Casey, the Dellucci signing makes a lot of sense, but with Casey, it seems to me to be a bit questionable, unless this is truly Casey's last year in Cleveland.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 04, 2006 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>