Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Gonzalez' agent, Jeff Moorad, has publicly admitted that Gonzalez, unlike Manny Ramirez, is willing to take less to stay in Cleveland. I figure, with the market what it is, is about $13-14 per year. I don't want to trade Robbie, and neither does Shapiro, so here's a realistic scenerio to consider. Unload Omar Visquel, who will make $6 mil next year, for prospects. Replace him with John McDonald. Sign Gonzalez. The Indians will can backload his contract, so he makes less next year, but increases after. That way, once the Indians lose Finley, Nagy, Cordero, Fryman, and Taubensee, they can afford the increase in salary, plus have money left over to 1.Resign Thome. He will probably want $10 per to stay, a $2 mil increase. 2.Bring in a REAL leadoff hitter (Shannon Stewart is a free agent then) and 3.Replace Fryman at third. This could make sense for both the Indians and Gonzalez, so I will be upset if this doesn't get done. I am not impressed with any other free agent on the market in comparison to Gonzalez, so I see no reason to free up money if it is to sign anyone but Gonzalez. I like Mike Williams as a reliever, but do we really need to trade Omar or Robbie to get a reliever? Probably not, since getting rid of Rocker frees up enough money to do that. So, in conclusion, SIGN GONZALEZ NOW!!!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just as a side note, I used to post on that other discussion board under the name Brian. But, I would see other topics listed with that name. Now, the board doesn't have any Indians related topics, and very few baseball topics. It is all racist, perverted, or just plain stupid comments that have nothing to do with the forum. I am glad I can finally talk Indians again. Smart move, Alex.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

very good points. i just hope the people in the front office are as smart as you.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brian P-

I find everything you say reasonable...except I'd like to keep Omar, he deserves a Championship, and he has hit over .400 in the last two playoff appearances we have had.

------------------
    Alex