Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Heard on KNR. Some rumors floating around that Omar is going to Houston for Dotel and/or possibly a top flight outfield prospect.
    I wonder if Rocker is going to Houston with Cordero going over there.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

an outfield prospect??? like we need anymore of those??? say it ain't so!!!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Dotel has made no secret of his dislike for relief duty, and the Astros may be forced to use him in the rotation while Shane Reynolds recovers from knee surgery. Dotel's two-pitch repertoire and his tendency to implode after a couple of innings make him much better suited to the bullpen."

i'm assuming we would want to use dotel in relief. will this be a karsay-esque problem?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shortly after Cleveland traded Roberto Alomar to the New York Mets on Tuesday, word began circulating through the hotel lobby here that the Indians were about to pull another stunner: Shortstop Omar Vizquel to Houston for pitcher Octavio Dotel (7-5, 2.66 ERA in 61 appearances for the Astros in 2001) and minor league outfielder Jason Lane (.316, 38 homers and 124 RBI at Double-A Round Rock in 2001). The Indians are looking to shave their budget, but general manager Mark Shapiro said that he doesn't expect to deal any more of their big names. Furthermore, Houston isn't exactly adding money, and while they may not be All-Stars, the Astros have serviceable shortstops in Julio Lugo and Adam Everett. "We've got two major league shortstops we like and we've got three (lower-level) minor league shortstops we like," one source within the Houston organization said after hearing the rumor circulate a few times. "What are you smoking?"

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK I admit I am not sure how good Adam Everett is, but Julio Lugo?! haha...he was pathetic for the Astros. He single handedly lost the series with all his easy errors against the Braves. Believe me, if they had Omar then, they would have won that series.

------------------