Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 LOB.
    can we say clutch hitting?
    One negative was the minimal walks we took, and the high amount of strikeouts. Saw most of the game, and some of the pitches were just really **** good. I am always scared when a team seems to mail it in for the last few innings because of a big lead, and the laxed attitude carries over to the next game. Hope it doesn't, but you never know.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering how rare it is for a team to score 9 runs and have 0 LOB. Could it be that it had never been done before?

I was watching ESPN tonight and they found the stat!

The last time a team scored 9 runs and had 0 left on Base was in 1974, and the Indians did it against Boston! (anyone remember that game?)

There were two other teams that scored 8 runs with no LOB.

So does this mean the only two times a team has scored 9 runs with 0 LOB were both accomplished by the tribe?

About those 8 strikeouts and 1 walks. It's important to note that it took less then ten pitches for us to score three runs and take the lead back in the bottom of the first inning.

It's possible that Milton was instructed to throw strikes rather then have the Major League Leading Indians walk against Milton and run up his pitch count too early and too high.

Milton threw 80 pitches, 53 for strikes...or 53 strikes, 27 balls, a bit too many strikes to balls. This game was important because it shows that we just don't get walks because the opposing pitcher tries to get too fancy, we get walks because the pitches aren't good to hit, and when they are good enough to hit, we hit them.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 08, 2002 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a feeling that it is possible there are other teams taht have had 9 runs scored and 0LOB, usually they like to use it as a "last team to..."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I rarely see 0 LOB (unless a team has been "perfect gamed")

Since 1974, this appears to be the first time when a team has scored 9 runs.

I wish this stat could be looked up. It's actually hard to have 0 LOB for a whole game, and to score 9 times in the process...

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 08, 2002 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>