Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So the Tribe opens 6-1, has a great Opening Day win against their top division rival, and then we only draw a record-setting puny crowd of 23,760? It was a record for the lowest attendance in Jacobs Field history!
    This is not a good sign for the franchise or the fans. The ballpark should have been near capacity for this game.
    It will really trigger the decline of this franchise if the Tribe plays well and the fans still don't show up. I don't get it.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 10, 2002 05:43 AM: Message edited by: *TR ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to admit, I'm not about to freeze my a$$ off in damp 40 degree weather no matter what the team is doing.

I don't think the attendance would have been that much higher even if last year's team were intact. The novelty of Jacobs Field and a winning team has worn off, and people are no longer going to flock to the park in lousy weather conditions. Today will be much more pleasant; if there isn't a near-sellout crowd tonight then I'd start to worry.

Anyway, I'm going to do my little bit by grabbing tickets for my daughter and me to a couple more weekend day games, while I can still get them. If the team is really anywhere near as good as it appears to be, tickets will get scarce again as the bandwagon fans jump back on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"I won't pay for 1/2 a games entertainment", whined a former Indians fan, "the games are hardly ever close, sometimes we let them score late in the game just to make it less boring...how exciting is that?"

"They get ahead in the game so fast, then they don't try anymore"...complained another.

"They think they're better then when Manny, Albert, Carlos, Juan, Robbie, Marty, Sandy and Kenny used to play for us, what kind of Justice is that!" curdled Dennis Groverler.

"They cut the payroll, then they try to get us to come the ballpark just because they are winning". chimed in Bandwagon fan number four.

"They get ahead in the count, get ahead in the score, play the game the way it's supposed to be played, then they coast to victory.... There's not much to complain about", Complained Bandwagon fan number five.

"They all remind me of my father", lamented Lanaleely Labanda, "they are steady and reliable. I want Manny back, he was like a shy Rock Star, and he had a cute butt, tee hee"...

"This fast start is really insulting", fumed Fata la Traction, "We will come back to Jacobs Field when we are good and ready, and not a day sooner. How dare they try and make up for dumping so many Hall of Famers by winning every game".

"I know baseball", chortled Anderband Karryonanon, "and this team cannot be doing this well, they are doing it with smoke and mirrors, and I ain't gonna be around when the shards of mirror cut everyone in the stands and the smoke gets in their eyes".

"Charlie looks like he know's what he is doing now"...wailed one fan, "and the moon isn't even blue"

Yes the sky has fallen in Cleveland, and Cleveland fans are too busy clucking to enjoy the show.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hawaii OO7, I can't figure out what the magic word was that would complete your sentence and have it make sense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Today's attendance was below 30,000 as well. And the weather was quite nice. If no more then 35,000 fans show up tomorrow in 70 degree weather, then all I can say is this, if the team was losing, then I could understand, but they are friggin winning. If that is the case, then you can't complain if Dolan does not increase the payroll. I personally don't go to games, but I don't complain when Dolan is forced to cut payroll to meet his revenues. So if you don't support when they are doing well, then don't ***** is all I have to say to anyone who does.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Considering it was written early in the morning...haha...
    but the word begins with a b and ends with an h. it is a "running" sentence and probably missing a few whatchamacallits "ands" and "ors", linking words i think they are called. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you think that's bad- check out http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sport...ns/3039304.htm

I wonder if attendance is down in many cities as fans tire of the Bud Seaslug Show and wonder when the next strike or lockout is coming. If there is one, the game may take a lot longer to recover than it did the last time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sagging attendance.

More then just here, perhaps seeing the Yankees spend so much and win isn't appreciated in other parts of the country.

Plus, baseball needs to impact television better then it has.

They need to start games on tape delay, speed up the transmission, and "catch-up" to the game by the 7th inning.

they could cut games to two hours, and not lose much but the play by play banter.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 12, 2002 02:51 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Attendance anyone?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Despite the Pirates' surprising fast start, the beautiful weather, and their great new stadium, only 12,000 people were at their game last night. I really think the winter drumbeat of anti-marketing by both the owners and the players' union is having an effect. These #@&^%$ are ruining the game.