Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alex do you really think LA would take that package of crap for Sheffield? That trade proposal reminds me of when the Yankees fleeced us in 1974 by giving us sore armed but talented Steve Kline-Fritz i will trade you my wife Peterson and a couple other stiffs for Chris Chambliss.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't even know why we're argueing this point.
    No 1) Sheffield cost more than the Indians are willing to pay.
    No 2) Sheffield is not Shapiro's type of player. He comes with a lot of controversy and baggage that is unappealing to Shapiro (especially at 20 million bucks).
    No 3) Shapiro is not going to give up his young prospects for anything but young players or prospects in return. He's learned a valuable lesson from Hart, and doesn't want to make the same mistakes Hart did.
    No 4) LA wouldn't take Wright (he has to prove to the baseball world he's healthy before any team gives up anything for him).
    No 5) Cabrera is a dime a dozen player. His value is low. The only player in that deal that LA would want is Shuey. Oakland offered more than the package Alex has put on the table, the Dodgers wanted their top 2 prospects - and rightfully so, the A's said no.

------------------

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345