Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Two well pitched games against the Braves, perhaps three? We took two out of three. Jason Davis hit a home run and other then a slight melt down in the fifth inning when he gave up back to back solo homers, he was solid for 8 innings. Low pitch count to boot!

Coco Crisp put on a Clinic! Three stolen bases and three hits including a double, and a walk!

Wow!

Coco scored three runs! I think Coco scored at least two of his runs with two outs. In one at bat Coco hit a dribbler down the first base line, I think the ball hadn't quite gone foul it was right on the line about to go foul but the home ump ruled it foul just as Julio Franco touched the ball. Coco would have gotten a hit if the ump had called it fair. A couple of pitches later Coco rings a seeing eye double down the third base line for a double.

In the first inning, Coco took off for second on a stolen base attemp and Travis Hafner timed his swing and miss to help delay the catcher just a moment before he could throw. I believe that Travis swung through on purpose with no intention of hitting the ball. The move paid off handsomely as Coco was safe on a close play at second. It's the little things like that that win games and develop confidence and even get the umps on your side. If Coco gets throw out the first time, the game changes entirely. Maybe Coco doesn't steal another base the whole game and we lose!

I think Blake drove Coco in twice with two outs, Blake is hitting something like .333 for the month of June, wow.

Good solid game for the tribe.

Here comes Chicago. I don't know what to expect. I think we can handle the Yankees. In fact there are only two or three teams I am concerned about, Chicago, Texas and perhaps Minnesota. I think we match up well with everyone else in the A.L. and we will make the playoffs via the Wild Card.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I hate to be right when it comes to bad news, but we sure don't match up well against Texas and Chicago. Chicago just threw a two hit "perfect game" against us.

Yeesh.