Dellucci has plenty of bat speed, but seems to not make contact often enough and when he does make contact, the ball doesn't seem to go very far. My theory is his bat is too light. Because Dellucci whips his bat around so easily I think he makes poor choices at some of the balls he swings at because he can catch up to practically any pitch that is thrown.

Dellucci is striking out at an alarming rate as compared to his walks. Strikeouts really don't matter that much as long as the batter walks at least a bare minimum of once for every two strikeouts and hits for either average or for power.

Dellucci, right now, is not doing any of the above three very well, except for the striking out part. and I think he should try a slightly beefier bat so he has more of a sweet spot to work with when he makes contact with the ball.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan Freel was one of my favorite national league players, until he pulled his 8th inning stunt yesterday. Shoppach made an incredible throw and Blake made an incredible catch at third on his stolen base attempt. Freel not only whined like a ninny after being called out, he got his manager thrown out of the game as well.

Ryan Freel please man up and admit you were wrong. The play was a great play, you slid into the tag, Shoppach made a great throw, and Casey held on to the ball, now give some props where props are due.

Sheesh.