Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a quote from Manuel. He is kidding us right? Charlie has proven time and time again that he is in over his head as a big league manager. If he is such a fine teacher of the game then that is what he should be doing. Teaching and developing players in the minor leagues. I often think of what Charlie would be like managing in the N.L. where there is no DH and you actually need some brains to manage in the late innings. It would be a disaster. For God sake Shapiro make a change. Give the job to some young gung-ho guy who can stir some life into these guys. Quite frankly I am tired of seeing Charlie on the bench always looking confused.

Inactive Member Ytown Tribe fan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cholly is the perfect manager for this team.

Dolan has lots of money to spend, but he doesn't want to do it right now, thanks.

Shapiro is an excellent judge of talent.

Boy, I REALLY have to get these meds adjusted!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Didn't you take that quote out of context? Isn't that what Charlie said to the manager at the Weirton Walmart about the opening for a greeter?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ytown Tribe fan:
    Cholly is the perfect manager for this team.

Dolan has lots of money to spend, but he doesn't want to do it right now, thanks.

Shapiro is an excellent judge of talent.

Boy, I REALLY have to get these meds adjusted!
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent post. Darn funny.

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Then Charlie should have nixed the Ricky D signing, should have understood the value a Dave Roberts could bring to this team, or at least insist he be looked at in spring training, that's all the Dodgers did.

He should have been exploring player options for personnel from within the organization.

Charlie fancies himself the kind of manager that sez, "give me players, I'll manage them". A manager must understand the chemistry needed to win, ala Jim Tracy and Mike Soscia.