Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ricky G might be there, Spencer or Lawton might be there, (that's two) Hinch I like...

That leaves one more space?

It's time we realize we DON'T NEED 12 pitchers.
    We're going to be bringing pitchers up and down from the minors anyway, just use 11 and go with 5 regular bench players.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm that is true since the options rule is different nowadays and you can option a guy as many times as you want within the year.ALthough...how much flexibility can there be? Myette is out of options right? Baez is out as well. I don't wanna shuffle any of the starters...Riggan still has options? how about Riske?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, at the beginning of the season we don't necessarily need five starters, so we should start with 11 pitchers and perhaps later increase to 12.

What determines going to the minors are strong pitching from minors being promoted, and in case our starters only go 3-4 innings, at some point we'll need fresh arms.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have to carry two catchers...I'd like to see Martinez get a chance, but I think that Hinch could be an excellent back-up to Bard...

Then you've got Spencer, Lawton & Bradley, Garcia, Mcdonald, Phillips...6 players for 4 positions.

It really seems to me that Martinez should play third just so he can get the at bats, and occasionally catch if needed.

If Martinez plays third, and Hinch is retained, then that leaves 3 players. If Mcdonald starts at second, then our other 3 players could be Spencer, Ricky G and either Phillps or Coco Crisp.

Who am I leaving out?

It seems that the moment Martinez is not included as a possible third baseman, we are delaying the progress of our prospects.

Martinez needs to play regularly, his bat needs to be given a tryout on a regular basis.