These stats are through September 1, 2008.

How come we have a bunch of players who hit A LOT WORSE during the day, then they hit at night???

Shoppach, .354 slugging during the day, .574 at night.

Dellucci, .321 during the day, .463 slugging at night.

Marte, .275 slugging during the day, .333 at night.

Blake, .271 slugging during the day, .533 at night.

Michaels, .190 slugging during the day, .324 at night.

ACAB, .238 slugging during the day, .345 at night

Gutierrez, .333 slugging during the day, .404 at night.

Carroll, .304 slugging during the day, .352 at night.

-----------------------------------------

How come we have another group of players who play well during the day, AND also have acceptable or at the very least, consistent night time numbers.

Choo, .667 slugging during the day, .459 at night.

Grady, .539 slugging during the day, .517 at night.

Peralta, .497 slugging during the day, .476 at night,

Francisco, .457 slugging during the day, .458 at night.

Garko, .373 slugging during the day, 367 at night.

If I were the manager, I would want to figure this out while the season is still going on.

What is most uncanny is any ballplayer that hits noticeably better during the night than during the day, are not putting up very good numbers overall, except for Shoppach, yet Shoppach is so inconsistent should he ever play during the day?

Ryan Garko, has been consistent in both daytime and night time slugging percentages, but with very little power for a slow guy, yet his RBI's are pretty good this year.

If I were going to wonder if some players are partying too hard after night games, and not being ready for day games, I would have to wonder about Shoppach, Garko, ACAB, Dellucci, Blake, Marte, Michaels, Gutz, and perhaps Carroll.

The good guys seem to be Grady, Choo, Jhonny, Francisco. That's it? Four guys have been consistent and put up acceptable numbers?

Un real.