Thread: Uncanny Connections, My Comments on the Minds of the PD & the Tribe...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Roger Brown Comments

Roger Brown listed TWO of my central points in recent weeks. (I doubt he reads this forum, but I love the coincidence).

He wants Dany's Baez to return to starter, and he thought it ludicrous that Bill Selby pinch hit for Brandon Phillips with runners on the corners and one out in the eighth inning against the Angels. Phillips is less likely to hit into a double play, so why go with a slower guy when pinch hitting?

I also complained that Wedge didn't pinch run for Josh Bard when the Indians were down by a run in the 8th inning and Bard had doubled.

A couple of games later, Bard doubled again in the 8th, and this time Wedge put a pinch runner in.

Another complaint of mine is that we don't double steal, EVER! Even when our fastest runners are on base! Here's hoping Wedge can make that one work.

I kind of wonder if our lack of basestealing is causing our ballplayers to try and stretch doubles to triples. First it was Spencer getting thrown out trying to stretch a double into a triple against Kansas City, now Lawton is thrown out trying to stretch a double into a triple against Texas.

Maybe we'd be better off trying an occasional double steal instead of having our guys picked off trying to stretch their extra base hits?

I'd like to see Johnny Mac play 5 out of every 7 games, but where?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another one!

I had posted about Wedge's reluctance to take his pitchers out in the fifth inning (during the Angels game because his pitcher had the lead) because he wanted to give them a chance to get the victory.

Wedge leaves Davis in the Game...

Although Davis was trailing in the game 2-1 at the time, and couldn't get the victory, the point is he seems to want his starters to go five innings IF they have pitched well.