Thread: Five Quality Losses to Start the Season...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Quality Loss means we had a chance to win the game going into the seventh inning by either being in the lead and blowing it or by bringing the tying run to the plate in either the 7th, 8th, or 9th inning.

A quality loss is ALWAYS better than a 7-1 blowout loss. I didn't get to hear the game but we do need to put Alex Escobar's defensive skills and baserunning speed into the game sometime between the 6th to 8th inning even if it means removing Lawtons bat from the Line-up.

While it might have been wise to go with Betancourt in the 8th and Riske in the ninth, a 4-0 lead should be a big enough lead to get your new relievers into the game and show their stuff.

I doubt that our new relief guys are as bad as they showed tonight. I can't stand the negativity on the Cleveland Live Forum after Losses.

You guys should post here after losses. The loss can be discussed in an intelligent manner devoid of anger and hostility which brings nothing to the table but a desire to not be around such folk who blow their stack after every Indians loss.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 11, 2004 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Basically, we've been close in every game this year.
    We've had the tying run come up to the plate in at least one of the last three innings of a game.

It's a starting point and you begin to wonder if its time to try some of the pitching talent we have in the minors.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 02, 2004 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got to see the first two losses of the year. I have to say that after those losses, I shared the negativity at Cleveland Live. Tribe should not have lost those games.

As far as quality losses vs. blowouts, there's two ways to go. One way agrees with your thinking. The other is, "Well, I wonder how we'll lose tonight."

So far, every game has been an adventure. I hope they bring up Tadano soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And our just ended five game losing skein smacked of pretty good offense and exciting baseball. We are a vastly improved team over last year, even with our bullpen problems.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Five Quality losses...hehehehehe.

It's more fun to not only care whether your team wins or loses. The journey is just as interesting.