Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I notice that this forum has been taken off the very fine CIR.blogspot.com site. I was sorry to see that, as I always used to use it as my link to this forum.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Irony on many levels.

I sent Joe an email a while back that the Indians should not wait to take their second prospect in the Bradley deal until June 30th, three days later the Indians selected Andrew Brown from the Dodgers as their second pick in the Bradley trade. My instincts were get him in an Indians uniform sooner rather than later because we might need him up in the bigs before too long. I never got a reply from email, nor from the last 4 or 5 emails I have sent him over the past few months.

The twisted part to being dropped from his website
    is that I wanted to advertise on his website about this forum. I would have already done it if he had replied to the previous emails I had sent him. I still would have done it but I was actually waiting for him to catch up on his emails so that way I could reply to his email to me.

I wonder if my opinion about the "Matt Lawton trade talk" being considered racist may have hit a raw spot with him. I don't even know who Joe posts as on Cleveland Live, but I'm sure he's there quite a bit.

The truth is we would never talk of trading a white player who was producing like Lawton has this year. I even offered an olive branch saying if someone wants to talk about trading Lawton because he might be considered injury prone, then mention the injury issue when they talk about trading Lawton.

Lawton is producing at a Jim Thome Level (less homers but overall his offensive production is equivalent this year if you factor in runs scored) and Lawton is making half of what Thome is making.

I update Lawton's monthly numbers on this forum which clearly show his Batting Average has risen every month for the last 7 months he has been an Indian, so this season IS NOT a fluke.

With all the positive posts I have made about the tribe on this forum this year, it's sad to see that message shunted. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

i'm sure the fact that only three of us post here now on a regular basis had nothing at all to do with that choice?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That might have been a reason. But how about that also being a reason to email me and see if I was interested in advertising on his site, which I WAS.

The Content on this forum is good, and there is on average a new topic every day. I don't see the advantage in active forums where there are inevitable gripes among posters OR having good topics fall off the front page quickly.

It should all be good.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But its not Alex. What good does he get by allowing a forum with three posters to advertise on his website? Especially, when as evidenced by your first post on this thread, your posts tend to be way out there in left field.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Crank, now you are double speaking.

First it's because there are three posters, then it's because of what, what I said about Lawton?

Name the last white player that people wanted to trade, who was making what Lawton was making, and producing the way Lawton has produced this year.

You won't find a name, I guarantee it.

There is a lot of flame talk on Cleveland live, the constant mentioning of Lawton in trade talks this was an embarrassment to this years team and the Cleveland live forum.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by The RotoTribe:
    I notice that this forum has been taken off the very fine CIR.blogspot.com site. I was sorry to see that, as I always used to use it as my link to this forum.
    <font size="3" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How come whenever something "happens" Crank, you seem to be the one who "approves" or "understands"?
    I consider RotoTribes response to be normal.

I really can't figure yours out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alex actually it is because of both the lack of posters on this thread and comments like yours regarding Lawton (honestly I rolled right by it - I knew it would be nonsense)

Roto's comment was basically a non deserved pat on the back - mine are a little more realistic....

Can't undersstand my comments? Or don't want to? Either way Alex there are many reasons why the link to the forum was removed - i think i have hit upon at least two of them. I don't think you have hit upon any of them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now it's revisionist history you practice.

Just the day before the Lawton comment, posters on Cleveland Live were acknowledging some of my right on posts about Belliard. My post about BELLIARD and how he does some type of heads up play every game came after he made one heads up play and BEFORE he made another one.

I was getting props and giving props to other posters on Cleveland Live. On top of that, nothing outrageous was going on on this forum.

Sometimes Crank you remind me of the rat in animal farm. Not really aligned with anyone but ready to agree anytime someone gets ostracized.

As for my Lawton comment being something beneath you to read, I'll repeat it, Talking of trading Lawton this year is tantamount to racism because NO WHITE GUY putting up Lawton's numbers being paid what Lawton is being paid this season would be discussed in trade talks.

If one wants to link Lawton's propensity to being injured the last couple of years to trading him, then make sure to mention that when talking about trading Lawton, otherwise the root reason is racism. You can't name one white player putting up numbers like Lawton who some would have wanted to trade.

I've noticed that Joe gets a bit trade happy. I visited his site last week and left a couple of comments, and then my forum link is removed.

Joe is the one that wondered why we didn't go after Raul Mondesi. Joe has a bit of a "trading problem" and sometimes doesn't separate a real baseball team that is progressing with the constant why don't we get this guy, or that guy.

Raul Mondesi??? [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] Joe actually posted that he was disapointed we didn't try and at least negotiate with Raul Mondesi.

Why go after Raul when in a way his behavior this season was no different than what Milton Bradley did.

The sad part is I would have advertised on his site instead he took a knee **** to either my calling him on his Mondesi post or the Lawton post. Kind of like Iraq without the violence, lets shut up everyone with a divergent point of view. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alex when someone cries racism when its not deserved and unfounded I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to criticsize what others are saying....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast