The game yesterday was a game of inches. A poor home run call on a ball that was foul resulted in two additional runs for Chicago.

Barfield, after bobbling the ball on a tailor made double play should have just thrown to first. It's only one out but now Westbrook has the flexibility of how he chooses to pitch to Thome with first base open.

I like Trot in at DH versus in the field every now and then. As I recall, Trot had a good battinga average against the Chicago pitcher, and that's why he was in there. Trot seems to have a good ability to work the count from in front rather than the way Casey does it, which is usually down in the count 1-2.

My biggest concern was seeing Kenny Lofton limp by the dugout after his botched attempt to steal third on a hit and run in which he didn't even make it halfway to third. Do the the two issues relate?

Rather than whine because the bench is being used, now is the time to round everyone into the best shape possible for the playoffs. There are no stiffs on this team, but having a good player stiff from injuries keeping quiet about it will just hurt this team in the playoffs.

NOBODY should be hiding any nagging ailments right now because there still is three weeks until the playoffs start and we need everybody healthy.