Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Sean Burroughs and Alfonso Soriano...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uh actually yes you can....

Wedge was able to get ABs for a lot of players last year - no reason why it won't happen again...granted moving Lawton would help, but because of the talent that the Indians have Crisp or Lawton get an 0-4 or two under their belts guaranteed they won't be starting for a while - thats were Escobar and Ludwick get their ABs....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe you saw this past season differently than I did. I saw several prospects get concentrated playing time of at least a month at a time.

The reason this worked well is because the player they were replacing was injured. Gerut slumped early on, by your criteria, he might have ended up on the bench, and then when he got his chance again, he may have pressed, instead, Gerut got to play uninterrupted.

You may be undervaluing the uniqueness of this past season.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would like to see more out of Sean Burroughs before we make any kind of trade for him. As for Alfonso, I don't think that the yanks are going to part with him anytime soon and his defense isn't that great (which is why the yanks are considering moving him into the outfield).

I would like to see the Indians sign someone like Todd Walker for a year to play second base. People talk about how he has poor defense but I saw him make a couple spectacular plays in the playoffs. I don't want to see them sign some utility or bench player and call him "an everyday major leaguer." We'd be better off with Angel Santos.

I think Casey Blake is fine at 3rd for the time being. He's shown he can be durable and performs decent enough (compared with what is out that at 3rd base).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12