Thread: A Disclaimer for the Cleveland Live Indians Forum.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

To the Cleveland Indians baseball team,

Please place no credence on the continual malevolent statements made on the Cleveland Live Indians forum by its members.

members constitute sportswriters incognito, malcontents, people who feel they have been victimized because they've never been through a championship season, and trolls from other teams.

Their views do not represent the vast majority of Cleveland area sports fans who have normal brain activity and who stay away from the Cleveland Live Indians forum as a result.

go Tribe!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

To the Cleveland live Indians baseball forum "fans" who post hostile and nasty comments on an hour by hour basis, this story is dedicated to you.

--------------------------------------

Years ago, I went to a Southern California Browns Backers gathering at the Stovepiper bar in Los Angeles Ca.

The Browns were playing Pittsburgh. Vinny Testaverde threw a touchdown pass to tie the score at 14 late in the fourth quarter. The place went wild with cheers and applause of approval. But the score was called back because of holding.

The Browns didn't score and Pittsburgh kicked a field goal to win 17-7.

After the game, one guy walked up to the television and began screaming at the television set at the top of his lungs, "F U Testaverde, you suk," and he repeated himself several times screaming loud enough to be heard back in cleveland.

I was wondering what game he watched. The game I saw had Testaverde throwing a beautiful pass to tie the score late in the fourth quarter, but the play had been called back because of a penalty.

But it didn't matter to this feeble minded "fan". The bottom line was the Browns lost and nothing else mattered.

I felt sorry for the guy, and I feel sorry for many of you on Cleveland Live who can't even begin to comprehend how lucky we are to have a competitive baseball team that night after night plays neck and neck with teams that are supposed to be playoff bound.

You don't deserve what you already have, and you're too stupid to realize you could have way less.