Thread: Casey Blake Loses game for us...then comes through the next game, & the game after...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Two outs, bases loaded, you run on contact. I mean it can't be any simpler than that. Escobar won a game for us the other night by leaving from third base on contact.

Does Blake even pay attention to what his TEAMMATES DO TO WIN GAMES, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS OWN EYES!!!

The Escobar play just happened ON SATURDAY, two days before his own baserunning mistake. Eighth inning, Escobar on third, two outs, he runs on contact, the throw was rushed and arrived right when Escobar did. The ball skipped past the catcher and we ended up scoring a couple of more runs later that inning. If Escobar had hestitated, WE WOULD HAVE LOST THE GAME!

I don't care how sorry Blake is, to not understand the concept of leaving on contact is quite dumb.

Blake also doesn't get the concept of playing third base like it's first base when he's in the field and there is a runner on third, play closer to the line to keep the runner closer to the bag, you prevent a down the line double and you can force the runner to stay closer to the bag, if the ball is hit down the line, you not only prevent the double you may even get the runner at third trying to scamper back to the base.

This is so sad. Poor Omar, lays down a game winning bunt and we end up losing anyway.

Click to view these responses

1. Agree 100%. We should by warrior7, 6/2/04 New!
    2. I read in one of the... by mb33, 6/2/04 New!
    1. duh... by mb33, 6/2/04 New!
    3. I saw the bunt on ESPN... by clevelandean, 6/2/04 New!
    4. Blake is a... by Rustoleum05, 6/2/04 New!
    5. FOLLOW UP QUESTION... by ItsAlex, 6/2/04 New!
    1. totally agree with... by Larstanley3, 6/2/04 New!

? Forums Help
    ? User Agreement
    ? Privacy Policy

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ June 02, 2004 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 06, 2004 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What was Blake thinking when he was on first and the next batter was fouling off a pitch or two before walking? What was Blake thinking when he was on second and the batter was fouling off a pitch before walking? Was Blake running on contact when he was on first, and then when he was second, or was Blake just watching the game pass him by? When Blake went to third on the third base on balls of the inning, what was he thinking? Did Skinner notice how "agile" Casey was when Casey was on first and then second and the hitters were making contact but fouling off the pitch?

Did anyone notice if Blake was just being a bump on a log throughout the whole inning, or just when it counted?

I just don't get how a ballplayer cannot have the killer instinct to put the fork in the other team by wanting home plate so badly in an extra inning home game that would be the equivalent to a walk off homer!

Running on contact is the equivalent to a fastbreak dunk in basketball. To not know how to "dunk" in this baseball situation is basically inexcuseable.