Thread: Indians Trading CC Sabathia to Milwaukee.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I've read that the Indians will receive Matt LaPorta, third baseman Taylor Green, plus left-handed pitcher Zach Jackson and right-hander Rob Bryson.

First off, I'm glad there is pitching in the deal, that is important. I read that Matt LaPorta is a converted first baseman playing in left field, with average fielding capability. I sincerely hope the Indians put him back at first base, and please oh please, I hope he has some speed. Both corner outfielders can routinely save at least one extra base hit per game between the two of them, assuming they are good and fast in the outfield.

When the Indians had Coco Crisp in left field and Grady Sizemore in Center they had one of their best pitching ERA's in a long time.

When Franklin Gutierrez was in right field and Grady Sizemore was in center, once again the Indians had an excellent pitching ERA. It is pointless to have a 30 homer corner outfield guy who over the course of a season will not prevent 20 to 40 hits that an excellent corner outfielder will get.

I look forward to learning more about these four prospects. Wouldn't it be amazing if the Indians were able to resign CC during the off season?

I also read that the Brewers had a better 3rd base prospect than Taylor Green by the name of Mat Gamel. I find it troubling that we didn't get the best third baseman in the Brewers system. Nor did we get shorstop Alicides Escobar.

If the two pitchers end up just being fair to middling prospects with nothing special, then this deal was not that good.

I would have rather gotten the Brewers best two prospects rather than their best prospect and then perhaps three more in the top ten of the Brewers system.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

apparently the Dodgers were in the running in the CC sweepstakes.

Gosh, Kershaw and Loney for CC and Jhonny would have been pretty intriguing.