Thread: Is Boozer an Imbecile, Or is he the smartest guy in Cleveland?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I am floored how Carlos Boozer would take the Cavs not signing him for another year at 700,000 dollars as an "insult".

Also, Boozer is giving a lot of weight to the "energy" comment made by Paul Silas. I have links on another Boozer topic that clearly shows how highly Silas regards Boozer.

Boozer is one confused man.

Could the Cavs have re-signed Boozer for one year and then renegotiated his contract? That is what Boozer thinks the Cavs should have done.

All I know is, wouldn't the Cavs have preferred to keep Boozer one final year then just give him away?

I think the core issue is that when Le Bron went down for a few games this past season, Boozer was unstoppable. Boozer scored over 30 points and had over 20 rebounds against Utah (of all teams).

Perhaps Boozer thinks he can be the man, and doesn't want to be in Le Bron's shadow. This situation reminds me of Toronto when they had both Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady on the team and Tracy didn't want to play in Vince's shadow.

The Crazy part is Boozer was getting a lot of the headlines even after Lebron was on the team and was clearly headed for the All Star game next season.

--------------------

However, I think Boozer may be the smartest one among all of us. If Boozer agrees to a one year deal for 5 million from the Cavs, Boozer becomes elegible for a 6 year 120 million dollar deal next year.

Wouldn't the Cavs be better off tying up Boozer at 6 years, 68 million now, rather then wait a year and then be looking at 6 years, 120 million?

In a crazy way, it looks like Boozer has compromised and has actually given the Cavs a 50 million dollar discount.

We almost sold out every home game last season. Doesn't selling out most home games increase payroll options?

The truth is Boozer may always be an equal but second fiddle to Lebron on this team, so if Lebron gets the 6 year, 120 million dollar offer from the Cavs in a couple of years, then Carlos at 6 years, 68 million is quite reasonable.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 14, 2004 02:04 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Links about Carlos are under the Kobe & Carlos Topic thread. Click HERE to see those.